Spectra VHF codeplug file

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

weinstes

Spectra VHF codeplug file

Post by weinstes »

I am impatiently waiting for a low power spectra cable. Since I don't have a copy of the codeplug I was wondering if any of you kind folks with a VHF model# D45KMA7JA5AK could send me just a copy of a generic codeplug.

e-mail: ew2164@aol.com

Otherwise I have to rely on the mail....
wa2zdy

Post by wa2zdy »

The D45 isn't a VHF radio. It's an 800 . . .
Chris,
Hamming 31 years
http://www.wa2zdy.com
Wesley Chapel, Pasco County, Florida
Snow? What's that?!
The human race is proof that Darwin was wrong.
weinstes

Post by weinstes »

Oh yeah, wrong radio. Thanks.

Proper model number is: D43KMA7JA7BK
Will

Post by Will »

Putting a code plug from another radio into your radio MAY/CAN corrupt your soft pot settings, making the radio go off frequency, over deviation, and power changes.

As noted here on BB and BL even cloning a codeplug from another radio of the same model can over write these very important settings. Best to read the radio first and write down ALL the soft pot settings, some are accessible from the front pannel ALIGN menu.
weinstes

Post by weinstes »

I hadn't considered the soft pot settings.

Are the radios shipped from Motorola tuned, or with a generic/default set up?

I don't have the ability to bench test radios, so I usually set them for typical VHF settings. The radio guys I have used in the past seem not to care about programming one or two VHF radios and don't do a good job at all.

So I wasn't too worried about the cloned codepplug, but I'm wondering if I should go check the align screen in all my other stuff.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”