MT2000 Progmable buttons and switch

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N7AS
New User
What radios do you own?: GP2000

MT2000 Progmable buttons and switch

Post by N7AS »

Is there a list of functions that can be programmed into the buttons and A-B-C switch of a MT2000?
d119

Re: MT2000 Progmable buttons and switch

Post by d119 »

You would really need to take a look through the programming software as there are countless options that can be assigned to these controls on the MT 2000 radios.

I generally set mine up as follows:

Blue = Light
Next one down = Nuisance Delete
Next one down = Monitor
Orange = Volume Set
A = Nothing
B = Scan
C = Scan program
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

Just depends what you want. Me, I like the top side button that's blue to monitor with open squelch. Next side button is lamp, & the bottom side button is scan. Top orange button is nuisance delete. Pos A is blank, pos b is low power, & pos c is PL decode off. As you can see, it's totally different from the poster above. You would set it the way you prefer. GARY
AD0JA
What radios do you own?: APX6000, APX7000, Quantar, XPR

Post by AD0JA »

Ok am I crazy or does the MT2000 really have a blue top side button? All of mine are green not blue.

To view the lists read your codeplug then go into radio wide options then hit F3 to go to Buttons Switches and Menu Items

Here's what it gives me for my VHF MT2000 for the side buttons
Unprogrammed
Phone
Zone/Sys select
Chan/Sub select
Talk around/Direct
Monitor
Light
MPL
Rptr Acc Button 2
Rptr Acc button 1
Dynamic priority
Call response
Nuisance Delete
Volume set tone

For orange top button:
Unprogrammed
Phone
Emergency
Zone Sys select
Chan Sub select
Talk around Direct
Monitor
Light
Mpl
Rptr Acc button 2
Rptr Acc button 1
Dynamic priority
Call response
Nuisance Delete
Volume set tone

Now for the switches
Two position concentric
Blank
Zone Sys select
TX inhibit
Talk around / direct
Keypad lock
Scan list prgm
TX low power
PL disable

A-B-C switch
Blank
Scan
Zone Sys select
Talk around direct
Keypad lock
Scan list prgm
TX low power
PL disable
JeffFireRadio

Post by JeffFireRadio »

AD0JA,

My VHF MT2000 allows me to program scan on-off via a side button, which is where we've elected to do it on our fleet (the blue-green-turquoise-whatever one). Your software isn't showing that option. Is it a CPS version issue, FW version issue, or possibly that if you're doing it via the ABC switch on the codeplug you've got called up, it doesn't come up as an option on the side switch menu? I've seen that on other models. Hmmm. Just curious.

J
AD0JA
What radios do you own?: APX6000, APX7000, Quantar, XPR

Post by AD0JA »

JeffFireRadio wrote:AD0JA,

My VHF MT2000 allows me to program scan on-off via a side button, which is where we've elected to do it on our fleet (the blue-green-turquoise-whatever one). Your software isn't showing that option. Is it a CPS version issue, FW version issue, or possibly that if you're doing it via the ABC switch on the codeplug you've got called up, it doesn't come up as an option on the side switch menu? I've seen that on other models. Hmmm. Just curious.

J

Turns out I had it programmed to the A-B-C switch. When I set the C position to blank, it allowed me to select scan on one of the side buttons.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”