Asking for help,gp2000s sp66 p020 expand frequency

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bg4lma
New User

Asking for help,gp2000s sp66 p020 expand frequency

Post by bg4lma »

I am from China's ham, bg4lma, 30 years ago I learned a little English, poor, but I believe you can understand what I mean.

I have a Motorola gp2000s, also known as sp66 or p020, model: azh49ndk8aa9, 216-223Mhz, and I want to extend its frequency range.
Programming software can only enter numbers between 216 and 223. I downloaded a small program called "gp2000be.exe" on the Internet. It changed the UHF band GP2000S from 435-480 Mhz to 425-480 Mhz through the com port.
I connected the programming cable, ran the small software, and pressed "expand" to prompt for errors. I opened the EXE file with "hex-workshop" ,I want to find the keyword "425" and changed it to "210", but I couldn't find it.

Unable to do so, I used "hex-workshop" to modify the save files of the programming software, and changed a channel to 223.125 Mhz for both RX and TX. Fortunately, the programming software accepted it, without checksum, and successfully wrote it to the radio. After testing, the receiver is good, but press the TX button radio will emit a "beep" sound, not transmitting. The frequency is out a little bit of range and should be able to work. I would like to ask you to help me expand the frequency range of this radio, for example, is it necessary to short or add a diode or resistor near the CPU?

Good wishes to you.
bg4lma
New User

Re: Asking for help,gp2000s sp66 p020 expand frequency

Post by bg4lma »

After several nights of calculation, the problem has been solved successfully.

Because of the limitations of the forum rules, I can only explain a few key points simply, depending on your own understanding. Hope to help everyone.

1:(838.86075-freq)*20000=hexadecimal, the results must be arranged in reverse order, for example 12 34 56, in fact 56 34 12.

2:freq(MHz)*2.and then add four "0"=hexadecimal,the order is the same as above.

3:1 no need check, 2 need checksum16.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”