MCS2000 remove ignition sense

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wcu02mpa

MCS2000 remove ignition sense

Post by wcu02mpa »

I have a 25W VHF MCS2000 M3 and it is set for ignition sense. Where in the CPS can I remove this and have it power on with the front button? Thanks
I may not fire the first shot, but I will fire the last one.
crazyboy

Re: MCS2000 remove ignition sense

Post by crazyboy »

Radio Configuration -> Radio Wide - > Advanced -> Ignition Switch
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

wcu02mpa wrote:I have a 25W VHF MCS2000 M3 and it is set for ignition sense. Where in the CPS can I remove this and have it power on with the front button? Thanks

I could be wrong, but in the other models regardless of the ignition sense, I believe that if you hold the power on button, it will power up. I don't have that much time behind playing with the MCS2000, so I would have to go play with one to be sure.

Jim
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

Jim202 wrote:
wcu02mpa wrote:I have a 25W VHF MCS2000 M3 and it is set for ignition sense. Where in the CPS can I remove this and have it power on with the front button? Thanks

I could be wrong, but in the other models regardless of the ignition sense, I believe that if you hold the power on button, it will power up. I don't have that much time behind playing with the MCS2000, so I would have to go play with one to be sure.

Jim
Yes - this is true Jim. regardless of how the ignition sense is configured the power on button will always work.
fineshot1
NJ USA

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”