Minitor V Rf Board No RX

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

eagle844

Minitor V Rf Board No RX

Post by eagle844 »

Greetings,

I have a Minitor V that I changed the RF board from low band to VHF. I changed it in the engineer mode to VHF 151-158. It will not receive any signal I have several VHF boards that I have tried without success.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance
jry

Re: Minitor V Rf Board No RX

Post by jry »

have never seen a service manual or schematic on the Minitor V series but suspect you cannot band change that way. The IF and other functions on the LB main board are probably not compatible.

The UHF and VHF may be compatible but you would have to try it to be sure ...I think I did that once

Short answer is you may be wasting your time on the low band to VHF conversion without more detailed information.
jry

Post by jry »

have never seen a service manual or schematic on the Minitor V series but suspect you cannot band change that way. The IF and other functions on the LB main board are probably not compatible.

The UHF and VHF may be compatible but you would have to try it to be sure ...I think I did that once

Short answer is you may be wasting your time on the low band to VHF conversion without more detailed information.
eagle844

Post by eagle844 »

After working with several more pagers, I have the same issue with all of them. No receive with 3 different GOOD VHF RF boards. None of the pagers will receive anything. I have verified that the VHF RF board work in a true VHF pager. I am lost at this point.

Thanks
Karl NVW

Post by Karl NVW »

Confirmed that you CANNOT change the band of the LB Minitor V in that fashion.
Karl - WA8NVW AFA5VB
SHARES + NCS

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”