Astro Spectra low P25 Deviation

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ldanna

Astro Spectra low P25 Deviation

Post by ldanna »

Hi group,
I have a UHF Astro Spectra . Recently setup for a local ham repeater with P25 mixed mode capability. This radio appears to deviate FM Properly but P25 is low, very low about .5 Khz another radio shows about 3 Khz.and can access repeater. used astro tuner to set deviation but no improvement. Didn't see any adjustment for the digital side. Am I missing something? Changed out the codec daughter board and then got no P25 out but still had FM OK.

Any Ideas??
Thanks
LArry
kd5ual

Re: Astro Spectra low P25 Deviation

Post by kd5ual »

This is a known problem with the Astro Spectra range 3 radios that are programmed for 440 - 450 MHz.
there are three different solutions.
1 update firmware to the latest.
2 find an srecord for a motorcycle range 2 438-470Mhz.
3 there is a hack for the current srecord that may still be available on another Motorola site
wendell
ldanna

Re: Astro Spectra low P25 Deviation

Post by ldanna »

Well after a bit of more research and the S record suggestion we have success. I had a 438-470 radio and read that s record and had it pushed it into the 450-482 radio in question. Voila full p25 deviation back, in fact a bit high. only problem now is to find a 438 radio with a W4 W5 or W7 head configuration S record to have a non hhch radio again.

Thanks for the guidance
Larry

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”