Can the Motorola NNTN 4497BR CP200 battery be reconditioned?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

1crazymax
What radios do you own?: CP200's, CM300, Baofeng UV-5RC

Can the Motorola NNTN 4497BR CP200 battery be reconditioned?

Post by 1crazymax »

I purchased some (6) used Motorola NNTN4497BR lithium ion batteries which fit the CP200 series radios. The seller said they were good batteries but needed reconditioning. When I put a couple in my tri-chemistry chargers they showed an orange light for about 30 to 45 seconds then the light started blinking red every few seconds.They are 2015 batteries. I've searched every where looking for info on how and if they can be reconditioned. I've seen several Motorola brand battery re-conditioners online but none for the CP200 series. Any input would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

David
fineshot1

Re: Can the Motorola NNTN 4497BR CP200 battery be reconditioned?

Post by fineshot1 »

Cadex battery analyzers are most likely the best and with a C7400 with the proper battery
cups you could probably get the best results - call cadex and ask.

https://www.cadex.com/en/products/battery-analyzers
fineshot1
NJ USA
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Can the Motorola NNTN 4497BR CP200 battery be reconditioned?

Post by escomm »

Li-Ion does not require maintenance and does not crystallize like Nickel-based chemistries, so no, you can't "condition" them in the sense we've grown accustomed to over the years

Based on the symptoms your batteries self discharged themselves past the point of the low voltage protection circuit... you've likely got some paperweights there

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”