Looking for a Replacement Antenna, for Motorola JT1000 (VHF)

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

train_radio_guy

Looking for a Replacement Antenna, for Motorola JT1000 (VHF)

Post by train_radio_guy »

Well I knew the day would come, when the antenna on my trusted JT1000 would crumble.... simply out of age & use. Some folks refer to it as de-vulcanizing, while others simply call it dry-rot. Either way, the antenna is in dire need of replacement, and I've been out of the industry for well over 15 years. Any thoughts as to where a reliable replacement antenna can be purchased, for a reasonable price?

The radio is typically used over a range of 146 - 163 MHz (i.e. Ham, Railroads, & Weather). Years ago, the radio shop I work at would buy replacement antennas from a vendor, which were marketed using a cartoon character, who resembled Daffy Duck. Tuf Duck Antennas by Centurion I believe.

Are they still around, or would it be better advised, to buy a replacement through Motorola Parts? I'm open to suggestions......

Thanks,

trg
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing!" - Sledge Hammer
fineshot1

Re: Looking for a Replacement Antenna, for Motorola JT1000 (VHF)

Post by fineshot1 »

Try Smiley - they may have what you need

https://www.smileyantenna.com/
fineshot1
NJ USA
train_radio_guy

Looking for more of a wide-band antenna, like the Motorola 8505518V01 NAD6563 (136-174 MHz), 8 inch.

Any reliable sources?
yagermeister

Post by yagermeister »

Just replied to you on another thread:) I have a few of the 8505518V01 NAD6563 antennas. Think some guys call them chin scratchers:) I have a few that are new or nearly new. I got information of a different antenna that is supposed to work better down on the lower 2M frequencies, so I've been using those on my JT-1000s and MTS-2000s. They still do a decent job picking up NOAA WX radio here, but we have a few stations up on a high mountain in one town and just close in another town. If you want to try one of those send me your shipping address and I'll get one on its way to you. May not be brand new, but if not you probably won't be able to tell.
Gary / WA7IEP
WA7IEP
WQZW304
train_radio_guy

PM Sent

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”