Programming additional zones into ht1250

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cwags@74
New User

Programming additional zones into ht1250

Post by cwags@74 »

i have an ht1250 vhf model #aah25kdf9aa5an when i received radio it had only 1 zone with 16 chans programmed.
im trying to add additional zones for extra channels, but i cant figure it out. can anyone lend some assistance?
im using professional radio cps version R06.12.05
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Re: Programming additional zones into ht1250

Post by KG4INW »

Have you tried adding more zones in the "Personality Assignment to Zone" window of the CPS tree? It's down at the bottom. Although you program channels in the Personality window, you must then assign them in the other window.
cwags@74
New User

Post by cwags@74 »

is the only way to do that to drag and drop
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Post by KG4INW »

No, you add however many zones you want (up to the limit of course), name them and then assign the channels however you like. On the first tab of the Personality Assignment to Zone window, there is a Plus sign that you press to add zones. You also name the zone on this tab. At the end, there's the tab where you actually assign channels.

On the left side, you can right click followed by "Add at end" from the menu that appears to add more channel "slots". You then use the dropdown menu on the right to pick whichever personality you want to assign and in what order (can be rearranged as needed). For your model, should be up to 16 channels per zone.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”