XTS 2500I

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kc2fht
What radios do you own?: Xts 2500, mt2000, mip 5000, ht

XTS 2500I

Post by kc2fht »

I have an XTS 2500i which the ribbon cable was comming loose so I opened up to fix, bad idea for near sighted guy. I busted the small plastic clips off all 3 connectors. is there a waty to get those and get it back to life or would I have to re case i slill am missiung two off the radio. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Chris
JPOPatents

Re: XTS 2500I

Post by JPOPatents »

If you are referring to the swivel clips on the connectors for the ribbon cables, you probably need a new housing or a new radio. If you can get the clip back on the connector you could try using a very strong tape to hold it in place but there might not be sufficient pressure to make a good connection. The ribbon connectors on those radios can be broken very easily so you have to be careful.
-John
kc2fht

Post by kc2fht »

John
Thank you this is correct, howewver the clip on the radio side is broken off as well. I am going to try to do just that replace the housing and get the clip on the radio back on. I may be able to get a 3k to see if I can get a few clips off that if they are the same size. Thank you

Chris
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

kc2fht wrote:John
Thank you this is correct, howewver the clip on the radio side is broken off as well. I am going to try to do just that replace the housing and get the clip on the radio back on. I may be able to get a 3k to see if I can get a few clips off that if they are the same size. Thank you

Chris
This is a last resort but it does work.
i have seen this done and it works. It is not elegant but it works.
Insert the ribbon cables back into the clips making certain they
are properly inserted and seated and apply a hot glue on top of them
after they have been inserted. Allow time for the glue to cool and cure.
Only use a very small amount of hot glue just enough to hold the ribbons
in the clips.
fineshot1
NJ USA
kc2fht

Post by kc2fht »

Humm some times strange ideas. Thank you.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”