HMN1090 Hot Mic Issue

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

captrgm

HMN1090 Hot Mic Issue

Post by captrgm »

We have a number of HMN1090A through D mic’s. Some of our 1090A mic’s do not have the jumper (JUX) on the internal circuit board inside the mic to allow hot mic operation during an ERTT. Does anyone know if this was an option when ordering the mic or a random mistake by Motorola? Also, does anyone know if the models 1090B through D may have the jumper omitted?
Smile--it could always be worse!
fineshot1

Re: HMN1090 Hot Mic Issue

Post by fineshot1 »

If you PM me with your email I can send you a pic with the mic circuit board jumper
fineshot1
NJ USA
captrgm

Post by captrgm »

Fineshot1, thanks for your reply. I am very familiar with the physical jumper on the circuit board. I am trying to find out how we ended up with mic’s that did not have the jumper installed. Was it an option when we ordered? I don’t do the ordering so I don’t know if this was an option?
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

Sorry - I can't help you. I do not know if this jumper was an option or not
and I could not find any doc's on this mic.
fineshot1
NJ USA
captrgm

Post by captrgm »

Thanks for looking!
Karl NVW

Post by Karl NVW »

The A version HMN1090 microphone did not have an orderable option to allow 'Hot Mic' operation. This would have required a different circuit board which would automatically have been up-suffixed to a B version model. The B version and later HMN1090 microphones do include the jumper which allows a radio with the proper firmware to control and utilize the 'Hot Mic' feature.
Karl - WA8NVW AFA5VB
SHARES + NCS

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”