GR300 new price

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Andy Corbin

GR300 new price

Post by Andy Corbin »

Had a discussion this morning with a friend of mine regarding the Mother M GR300 repeaters. These units came in a variety of configurations which included VHF or UHF, different radios such as GM300, M120's, etc. Our conversation migrated towards the original cost of these machines. Anyone remember what the price range was and about when they were sold?

Andy
W4KDN
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Re: GR300 new price

Post by PETNRDX »

Asked a friend, his best recollection was around $2800.
Steve K.
Andy Corbin

Post by Andy Corbin »

Thanks. A friend and I were discussing and were just curious.

Andy
W4KDN
train_radio_guy

Post by train_radio_guy »

Back in the mid-1990's, the 2-way shop I was working for at the time, was installing GR300 & GR500 repeaters; mostly UHF, for everyone under the sun. We installed them at the area hospitals, shopping malls, industrial customers, & even the county jail. I think the advertised price for a GR300, equipped with two GM300s, duplexer, power supply, & an i50R Basic Telephone Interconnect was in the neighborhood of $4,500. The GR500 was around $5,500. Desktop Controller/Phones (i.e. C100), Antenna, Feed line, & Installation Costs probably added another $2,500 to the price tag. Many of them were still running, up & until the FCC narrow banding of Part 90 customers.

They were a good solution, for customers with occasional to moderate radio usage, they were easy to service because of their modular design, & proved to be far more reliable than the Ritron Repeater Plus units we had in the field.

- trg, 8)
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing!" - Sledge Hammer

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”