Genesis Series Documents - MTX810 & 900

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

train_radio_guy

Genesis Series Documents - MTX810 & 900

Post by train_radio_guy »

I'm working on a project, and I'm trying to locate technical documentation for the Motorola MTX-810 & MTX-900 Series Radios. Specifically, I'm looking for the Service Manual(s), & Theory & Maintenance Manual(s). Both radios were part of Motorola's Genesis Radio Series, and all parts & docs through Motorola are long since out-of-stock.

I've looked at mods.dk & Repeater Builder, unfortunately, I could only find Operating Instructions & User's Guides, but no technical docs. I've even gone to a few of the local Motorola 2-way Shops in our area, inquiring if they still have their shop copies. Most claim to have tossed their copies several years ago, since they no longer support those radios, & no longer operate systems those radio would work with. EBay has a few Operating Instructions & User's Guides, but no Service Manual(s), & Theory & Maintenance Manual(s), for the Motorola MTX-810 & MTX-900 Series Radios. There are a couple of manuals on the MTX-800S listed, but that doesn't help or cover the MTX-810 & MTX-900.

Any thoughts as to what other 'stones' I should look under? Are there any online resources, which would have either a hard copy, or 'soft' copy available? I realize these radios are old, but I've seen Motorola docs available online, for even older equipment, such as Motrac's & Mocom's.

Any direction or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

- trg / Paul, 8)
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing!" - Sledge Hammer
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Re: Genesis Series Documents - MTX810 & 900

Post by KG4INW »

I can't make any promises but I did rescue a large quantity of paper manuals from an MSS that I used to work for. Give me a few days and I'll try to dig through them to see if I have anything relevant. There were definitely some Genesis manuals in there but it's been a few years since I looked at them. If I can find the time, I'd like to digitize them and share with others but most likely I'll have to simply offer them for the price of shipping. Otherwise, I'm not sure where else to suggest!
train_radio_guy

If you're able to locate the Service Manual(s), & Theory & Maintenance Manual(s), for the Motorola MTX-810 & MTX-900 Series Radios, I'm sure we can work out the shipping costs. I have access to a bed scanner, that can accommodate 11x17 sheets of paper, so I can probably scan-in whatever the manuals have for schematics & board layouts, without any issue. The only real problem would be the time it takes to scan-in the entire manual. It's a Brother All-In-One Scanner/Fax/Printer, so the images would be jpg, png, or bmp files. It would be nice to stitch it all together in a PDF document. I'm open to suggestions. Let me know what you're able to find, in-terms of documentation.
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Post by KG4INW »

I’ve found the MTX-900 Service Manual! Haven’t had a chance to go through the other boxes but I will soon.
train_radio_guy

Let me know what you find. So far, all of my efforts locally have met with one road block after another. With the age/vintage of the MTX-810 & MTX-900 Series Radios, it's proven to be a challenging task, in locating anything but old batteries, chargers, & worn-out speaker microphones. I may start reaching-out to 2-way shops, that are located outside of my state. Perhaps someone will have the old documentation still in their library. Hopefully, they'll be willing to part with it.

- trg/Paul, 8)

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”