MT-500 Question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

yardbirdjr

MT-500 Question

Post by yardbirdjr »

Hello!!

Was interested in finding out if anyone would be willing to do some work for me.

What I would like to know is if anyone would re-crystal MT-500 channel elements.

I have dozens of MT-500 elements but none of them are on the correct frequencies in need.

What I will do is supply the channel elements and crystals all I need if for someone to re-work the elements.

I know Bomar doesn't do re-work and ICM is out of business.

Please PM if you can help me or know of someone that might be intersected.

Thanks

David
fineshot1

Re: MT-500 Question

Post by fineshot1 »

I did this once about 35 or 40 years ago for a friend with a VHF Hi band MT500 portable and
the channel elements are so tiny it is very difficult with good vision but if your vision is as
bad as mine is these days there is no way I would even think about attempting it.
fineshot1
NJ USA
yardbirdjr

Post by yardbirdjr »

I tried in the past as well and it was a mess.

Especially without the right tools and equipment.

I appreciate it

David
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

I wish I had a couple of channel elements to attempt the crystal change. I have a couple of PT-500's I would like to put on the two meters.
Steve K.
abbylind
What radios do you own?: What dont I own?

Post by abbylind »

Ive done bunches over the years. Once you've done the recrystalling you would need the radio to reinstall the TCXO and retune and recalibrate the radio with a calibrated service monitor.
Ive bought crystals and had BOMAR or ICM install them in the TCXOs I supplied (especially MX radios). I still had to reset the frequency and deviation and retune the radio when I got them back from the factory.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

PETNRDX wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:14 am
I wish I had a couple of channel elements to attempt the crystal change. I have a couple of PT-500's I would like to put on the two meters.
I think I have some here in the office. Want to call me?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”