HT1250 "flashing box"; R02 vs. R05

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fogster
What radios do you own?: XTS2500/5000, XPR7550/5550

HT1250 "flashing box"; R02 vs. R05

Post by fogster »

Hey all, it's been a few years!

I recently picked up a ragtag lot of HT1250s. I haven't really worked with these much before.

I discovered, when CPS refused to write to some, that they're a blend of R02.x.y and R05.x.y firmware versions. Except for needing to build up separate codeplugs, I can't tell much of a difference despite the huge version jump.

I was tempted to just upgrade them all to recent firmware, but the upgrade tool has me "throw the flashing switch" which is definitely not a thing on the RIBless USB cable I'm using. The W9CR wiki makes passing mention of maybe being able to short some pins to accomplish the same thing, but I'm apparently too dense to figure it out. I'm reluctant to buy the genuine adapter with the switch just to update the firmware on some HTs. Am I overlooking a simple way to get these things into the bootstrap mode to allow a firmware upgrade, or is it just not worth my bother?

And is there a big difference between 02 and 05 firmwares anyway?
Number 6

Re: HT1250 "flashing box"; R02 vs. R05

Post by Number 6 »

You can purchase a clone flash adapter on eBay or make your own. I will send a PM with the schematic.
Number 6

Re: HT1250 "flashing box"; R02 vs. R05

Post by Number 6 »

@fogster - I sent a PM on 9/6/2021 that you haven't read yet.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”