Help determining problem with CP200d

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sxmoto
New User

Help determining problem with CP200d

Post by sxmoto »

I have this CP200d (VHF) from a customer that was working fine, according to him it was turned off in the evening for the day and put into the charger. Next morning upon power up the LED on the radio comes on, but no boot confirmation tones. The LED stays on all the time and the radio is completely unresponsive as none of the side buttons do anything, not even an error tone sounds if an unprogrammed channel is selected. The radio does not even turn off with the power switch. The only way to turn off the green LED is to remove the battery. The radio did not have a fall, or was dropped into water, etc. The insides are pristine clean and nothing is broken or corroded.

I tried to read the radio with CPS 16 (the same it was programmed with initially some months ago) but the CPS cannot see the radio. In Device manager I don't even see a network port being opened when the radio is connected to the USB port as it normally happens. The programming cable has been verified to be working fine with another radio.

Anybody knows what could have happened to this radio? I have never seen this problem. Thank you for any information.
train_radio_guy

Re: Help determining problem with CP200d

Post by train_radio_guy »

Possible Static/Power Surge fried microprocessor? Just for curiosity-sake, have you tried a different battery? If there's no power-up tone, & external controls are unresponsive, and I'd say the microprocessor has an issue, and this may require a trip to mother /\/\. Without the ability to access it via the CPS, your options are limited.

- trg, 8)
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing!" - Sledge Hammer
sxmoto
New User

Re: Help determining problem with CP200d

Post by sxmoto »

It was suggested to me to try to power up the radio in flashzap mode (press two side buttons during power up) which indeed allowed the radio to boot up normally. After the next power cycle the radio started once again booting up normally and problem solved. Thank you..

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”