Saber knob retainers: get 'em while they're fresh

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sataraid1

Saber knob retainers: get 'em while they're fresh

Post by sataraid1 »

FWIW, the current crop of Saber knob retainers flooding eBay are fine. I'd been scrounging for a few for months, and immediately ordered some when they popped up. The plastic is nice and hard, the fit is good, and the (also Chinese) knob shells I had fit over them securely. Not bad for just a few bucks per set. I may order a second handful just to be well stocked. They'll probably dry up again after a spell.

I'm posting this because I recall that there were a few other posters who were also looking for some.
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Re: Saber knob retainers: get 'em while they're fresh

Post by MT2000 man »

Do the Astro Sabers have knob retainers as well or is it just for the standard Saber series that needs them ?
sataraid1

Post by sataraid1 »

As far as I know, Astro Sabers do not require the retainers. Their knobs are built solid, with metal locking inserts that fit on the much smaller shafts.

Why Moto ever thought the system on the original Sabers with the retainers, and paper-thin knob sleeves was a good idea is beyond me.
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

That’s good to know. I was looking for some low profile Astro saber knobs to replace the standard knobs on my Astro Sabers but they seem to be impossible to come by.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”