KC8RYW and everyone interested in Modat!

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kc8svs
No Longer Registered

KC8RYW and everyone interested in Modat!

Post by kc8svs »

Motorola Astro Saber III UHF

Take a peep at this, see where is has Modat installed? if you really wanna play with a bad toy, go ahead and purchase!

8)
[/url]
M.A. Baker

Wrecker Diver
Nextel, how business gets fu*ked up!
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I believe that's the watchbuddy/apcosystem/chicago flashcode in the radio. Lots of incompatible stuff, but still a good buy at the right price.

Todd
Johnny Galaga

Post by Johnny Galaga »

That's something I've never understood. How can a 'watchbuddy' radio (or any radio for that matter) have "incompatible stuff"? How is it that enabling lots of features in a radio causes problems ? And why do they call it the "Chicago flashcode"? I don't see what a radio's feature set has to do with the City of Chicago. :o
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I don't really know, but I assumed they called it the Chicago flashcode is because it was probably leaked from some flashed-to-the-hilt demo radios used at the Motorola headquarters in Schaumburg (suburb of Chicago). Some features won't work, such as software encryption. Number one, it was meant for VSELP radios, not IMBE. Number two, it will only work for one specific Host/DSP version (or so I'm lead to believe).

Todd
wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS3000/astro spectra/

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

im in the modat group now, got a MODAT MT500, getting it setup on simplex for hamfests. modat board was made in 1984

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”