HELP!! CDM 1550 Password Unlock??

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

voltagex18

HELP!! CDM 1550 Password Unlock??

Post by voltagex18 »

Hi all,

Just got my CDM1550 and its locked!!! :x

I'm very upset and there is no way I could figure out what it was from the last owner. Does anybody know how to get around this problem... All options wanted. The password is prompted as soon as I attempt to read the radio. (Using CPS R06.02.03)

HELP... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've been reading that if I can get my hands on a codeplug without a PW on it I can overwrite the info (i.e. rid the pw). Does this really work?? I have no need for the programming that is already on there. If so does anybody have a blank code plug for the 1550.. or one they don't mind sending. Feel free to e-mail me voltagex18@aol.com

Thanks a mill.
Last edited by voltagex18 on Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Re: HELP!! CDM 1550 Password Unlock??

Post by nmfire10 »

voltagex18 wrote:There is no way I could figure out what it was from the last owner.
Well, first off, Welcome to BatLabs... I think.

Secondly, I think you are going to have some difficulty with this. Without any further explanation, most people on here, myself included, are not going to answer that without some more information. If you have obtained this radio legally, then please do not take offence when I or someone else asks

"Why can't you find out what the password was if you have legally obtained the radio?"
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
voltagex18

The rest of the story

Post by voltagex18 »

I understand... so I guess I'll give the rest of the story.

I obtained the radio from a friend who used it for his taxi service (which recently went out of biz). He offered it to me for a very fair cost (being he didn’t need it and he had others) and I just couldn’t say no. He had the radios he used programmed for him by some dealer. When I found out about the pw that was on the radio I asked him what he knew about it. He knew nothing about a pw... let alone remember the dealer who programmed it for him. So my guess is that the dealer programmed a pw in there for his self protection. Kinda obnoxious, but very understandable from the dealers perspective.

Hope this helps explain. :D
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

i

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

Any program file from the same model number will work. You just won't have the info that was originally in the radio.
RKG

Post by RKG »

If you take the radio to an authorized Motorola dealer, they can bypass the password.
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

a

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

An authorized Motorola dealer can not bypass the password, they will merely take a default codeplug and load it. Our Fire Dept has 40 CDM-1550ls which we first level maintain on our own. I got an irrate call from our dealer when he wanted to peek into our codeplug and couldn't. Only the factory can reset it, I belive, or they may just reload a default codeplug as well.
Trm70c

Post by Trm70c »

I bought a p1225ls a couple of years ago and it was the same way. after researching it some providers password protect it to keep customers from bootleging LTR service. I don't know that much about LTR but I think you can clone one radio to another and then have service and just pay the airtime for one. I don't swear to this it's just what I had explained to me.

Tyler
voltagex18

Post by voltagex18 »

thanks for the tips and suggestions keep'm comming
jim

Post by jim »

Just list the model# and I'm sure somebody will have a blank codeplug to dump into the radio.
voltagex18

Post by voltagex18 »

Motorola CDM-1550
UHF
450-520 mhz

any code plug can be sent to: voltagex18@aol.com
Cowthief
Fail 01/90

Password

Post by Cowthief »

Hello.

It is common practice, in the SMR business, when dealing with taxicabs in San Antonio, Houston, and everywhere in between, to add a password to a radio, this is for 2 reasons.
1, most cabs are owned by "independents", people who own one or more taxicabs, and pay a fixed fee per cab, per month, and they WILL copy the info from one taxicab, sometimes even insurance, to another, yellow checker had one gentleman take this to the max, 7 cabs, 1 permit.
2, there are plenty of other cabs that will steal a call, usually someone who worked for the big company, and left, again, if he/she can,,,,.

Usually, the company that provides the radio owns it, the cabbie only has a lease.

Thank You.
2wayguru
Banned

Post by 2wayguru »

Here is the deal if you need to get passed the password. The truth is that there is no fail safe on the password and there is no way around it. You will need a codeplug from another radio with the exact model # that does not have a password and then you can load it into your radio, once this is done then you can program the radio and do your own changes. I had a problem with my HT1550XLS. I bought the radio new from Day Wireless in Oregon and they sold me the radio blank with a password on it and that way I would have to pay them to program the radio and anytime after that if I wanted to make changes to it. I asked someone here on the Batboard for a code plug with my exact model #. Guess what! it worked and now I can program my 1550 any time I want to
voltagex18

Problem Solved

Post by voltagex18 »

THANKS GUYS!!! It worked......

Solution: Found a codeplug of same model radio and replaced it over the current radio with a password. It erased the PW no problem.

:D :P :D :P :D :P :D
BooDaddy

need a codeplug also for a CDM1550

Post by BooDaddy »

I need a codeplug for this model number:
Its a CDM 1550 LS
Model # AAM25RKF9DU5AN

I have the same prob, I bought this radio at an equipment auction at my work. They used a third party service (dealer) to program all their radios, and they didnt have the password, nor would the dealer give it to them or me. The dealer also was managing the repeater that we were using, so he didnt want any unauthorized use on his air.

I dont want to read the radio, I just wanna be able to program it with my own frequencies. So, if any one has a codeplug i could have It wwould greatly be appreciated.
You can email it to me at Boo_Daddy@comcast.net

Thanks!
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

Dealer passwords - makse sense but that would be like a GM dealer passwording my truck so only that service dealer could work on it.

What BS
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
BooDaddy

I agree

Post by BooDaddy »

I agree, but I did buy the radio "as Is". I dont like the idea of dealer locks, but it does protect his repeater from unauthorized use, seeing as he didnt want the info being dumped off the radio. If i only had that darn codeplug!!!

haha.
DCR_INC
New User

Post by DCR_INC »

I realize this is an OLD post but I am in need of a codeplug for a CDM1550LS+ model:

AAM25SK9DP5AN

Can anyone send me that file, PLEASE !!

wires-x(AT)use-dcr(DOT)com

Thanks
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

DCR_INC wrote:I realize this is an OLD post but I am in need of a codeplug for a CDM1550LS+ model:

AAM25SK9DP5AN

Can anyone send me that file, PLEASE !!

wires-x(AT)use-dcr(DOT)com

Thanks
Please read the last paragraph of the following carefully. I have posted here many times before when answering questions about the Professional Series of Motorola radios. And, I am pretty sure your specific question has been asked and answered several times over.

Search tags: The Professional or Waris
Series of radios includes:

HT750 HT1250 HT1550
EX500 EX600 EX560 EX650 PR860
CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550
HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

It may be helpful to search using wildcards.
If someone asks a question about one model,
the answer usually pertains to most, if not all.
They are all programmed with HVN9025 CPS.
The last version of the CPS released before the
product line was discontinued is R06.12.09.

If you need a blank codeplug, there is a folder
full of them, one for each possible model
number on your hard drive. The folder is in
the Program Files where your CPS is installed.
It is labelled SAMPLES.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”