Spectra programming question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Go to the trunking utility menu (F4, F4, F8 from main menu), then choose the F8 - Add/Delete Personality and Trunking Mode. Hit the up or down arrow until it says "Add Mode". Then enter down and manually type in "001" in the "insert after mode" line. Enter down and type in your channel name, then enter down and type in "new" in the "copy from mode" line. Then enter down to the "add mode in personality" line and type in "01". Then press "F8 - execute" and it should be added. You then go into the mode list to change the talkgroup numbers to what you wish.

Todd
xmo

Post by xmo »

It should work just like Todd said, but if your path to the system key isn't right you will only see an option for Delete, not Add/Delete.

Also, newer RSS warns you that if you change the system key path you have to restart the RSS for the change to take effect. I didn't see a warning in my Spectra RSS when I fixed the path to the system key, but it didn't work right till I restarted.
xmo

Post by xmo »

It is a little obtuse. If you play with it for a while you will get it going.

While you are in the screen "Trunking Modifications", you can scroll the "UTILITY" field to add either personalities or modes so after you put in a personality you can then add modes to go with it.
RKG

Post by RKG »

One more tip: you can only create 10 talkgroups on a "personality," but you can create multiple personalities on the same "system." So when you've maxed out 10 t/gs on a desired "personality," just close another personality from that one and start with the "11th" t/g.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

If you continue to have problems, send me the codeplug & I'll pop in as many TG's as you want, although I likely won't get to it 'til Monday night. I find the Spectra to be the least user friendly RSS package, by far. I've seen that same error as you Shaun, but I forget exactly what I did to rectify it. Try creating a single new personality, and add the mode(s) to it before you exit out of the screen.

Todd
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I was able to read the codeplug you sent me & add modes no problem with regular RSS 6.00.05. This is the latest regular version, I'm not sure what the latest LAB version would be.

Todd

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”