Multiplier Date codes ?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Multiplier Date codes ?

Post by RadioSouth »

Anyone familiar with Multiplier's date code de-ciphering ?
Thanks
USPSS

Post by USPSS »

Give me the codes, I have a list going back to 1995
Stan Glass

Government & Entertainment Division Manager (Kenwood)
EKLB
Gone...as per his request

Post by EKLB »

On the multiplier battery usualy stamped in black to camoflauge with the black battery or plain visible on others such as grey color will be a two letter code. Example KN = Jan 2003

The first letter will be the month with the second being the year.

Jan=K
Feb=A
Mar=Y
Apr=I
May=U
Jun=C
July=W
Aug=P
Sept=E
Oct=O
Nov=S
Dec=H

The above have been the same since 1989

The year has been as follows and will be the second letter.

1989=V
1990=C
1991=B
1992=A
1993=D
1994=E
1995=H
1996=J
1997=P
1998=S
1999=G
2000=F
2001=T
2002=M
2003=N

So as an example CT would be june of 2001 and so forth from the above information.

EKLB
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Thanks men ! Looks like I lucked out, nice fresh CN 6/03 batteries.
They really hid the CN well, was to the right of the battery contacts and
was only visible with a flash light held at the right angle.
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Anyone have up to date info. on Multiplier codes, just got a few 'UN' coded ?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

From the list above it looks like you have some batteries that turned 3 years old this month :)
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Doh, right you are! So used to Motorola's format of year 1st then date I was automatically looking for year 'U' in Multiplier.
Thanks !
kd6rfs

Post by kd6rfs »

my multiplier M7144 has what looks like a Q or O either QC or OC and then right after it says "Inspected" so "Q/OC Inspected" and then right under there is a number "25957" and its right on the top the only other letters are "YO" that is stamped in thin black letters on the battery label right next to the "Recycle" emblem.......it looks like a newer battery? Anyone know what it is? the letters are not on the graph above?? thanks, David KD6RFS
kd6rfs

Post by kd6rfs »

Y is Mar and then O is maybe 04, 05?? I think its "YO" because theother letters are followed by Inspected, which makes me think its the inspectors initials....David KD6RFS
wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS3000/astro spectra/

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

anyone familliar with WW MANUFACTURING DATE CODES?
ive got a bunch from them.

just got a new one with GG as the date code.

wazz
think about how to ENCOURAGE Motorola learning safely with GRACE.....NOT condemnation.
Stage 2
What radios do you own?: HT1000,MT1000, HT50,MAXTRAC

Post by Stage 2 »

It's only 1 code,but, it should help here. I just ordered some batts a while back from "Intermark" who drop ships them directly from Multiplier to me. One of them for a P100 had to be back ordered. The backordered battery has a code of " YB". I would say we could go with "B" representing 2006 with the "Y" being March going along with EKLB's chart. Additionally, earlier this year, I tried Garden State Battery. While they are a little more expensive than Intermark and, they don't drop ship, the batteries clearly are Multipliers as they have the exact same "QC inspected" stamp with identical numbers as those I received via Intermark. Futhermore, Garden State added their own "warranty" sticker on the battery with a date of 01 06 which co-incides exactly with the Mulitplier "KB" code on the unit. Just my 2 batts... oops I mean cents here! :D Shaun
RAILROADS: AMERICA'S MOST VITAL TOOL FOR ENERGY CONSERVATION.
firetech792

codes

Post by firetech792 »

"O" is 2005
Spoke to the factory a few weeks ago. She told me an "HO" was Dec, 05.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

i don't think B=2006? according to the list B is already = to 1991 and the letters havn't started to repeat themselves yet. is it possible that B is an R? that letter hasn't been used yet.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
billy7834

Re: Multiplier Date codes ?

Post by billy7834 »

Anyone have definite 2006 & 2007 codes?
Satelite

Post by Satelite »

Hello:
Multiplier battery date codes are as follows.
Ill start off where EKLB left off in above posting.
First letter is the month.
Second letter is the year.

Month codes are:

January = K
Feburary =A
March =Y
April =I
May = U
June =C
July =W
August =P
September =E
October =O
November =S
December =H

Year codes are :

2004 = L
2005 = O
2006 = B
2007 = C

PS = As for the B year code showing up as B in 1991 and again in 2006 / cant say for certain but i did run across some other postings that indicated B year code may have been used in 1991 .
I do know for certain that B year code is corect for 2006.

Satelite
billy7834

Post by billy7834 »

I recently came across some new looking Multiplier Saber batteries that had 3-digit numbers embossed on the bottom like the Moto OEM's. E.G.,507 604. Anyone see this? And, can they be interpreted like the OEM's, i.e., 507 would be May of 2007?
Satelite

Post by Satelite »

Hello:
I realize this post is years old as I respond but it was referenced by link as info in a current posting so replied here so all could read current info.
Correct Multiplier has changed from the two letter code to the numerical system back in aprox 2010 when Multiplier was bought by the new owner.
The new Multiplier company owners DO NOT HIDE the battery codes in obscured inking or use a unknown two letter battery code.
The new Multiplier company prints in easily seen ink the yr month code on the battery tag for all to see and decipher in year month numbers.
Mutipliers battery codings are now year first then month.
So as an example 1810 would be 2018 of October.
Satelite
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Yeah I know what you mean about Hiding the date codes in the past. I had some that could only be seen under a flashlight at the right angle.
Thanks guys, appreciate the replies.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Well, since someone else Lazarus'ed this post....

Any multiplier batt at this point with Alpha date code is as old as this thread, or close. It's shot by now.

Not only that, but most products Multiplier made that were solid back in the day are now junk, thanks to the merger with Alexander, then Power products. Very disappointing what's become of most of their lineup. While some items still carry a multiplier logo, it's not what it used to be at all.
Jason

IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”