GTX Mobile display happily says E06

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Johnny Grep
What radios do you own?: M/A-COM's

GTX Mobile display happily says E06

Post by Johnny Grep »

I was trying to program a couple of conventional modes, and I deleted a bunch of useless subfleets using gtx lab. I pop it in with minus 16 trunked modes and plus 10 conventional modes and it gives me an E06. wtf? Does anyone know what this means?

Note: I fixed it - I'd just like to know what that was all about.

Another problem I have is that the internal speaker won't work. I have to plug in an external one, and when I do that, the radio won't turn off - if I turn the knob all the way down it just power cycles all the time, saying tSt and 1A, tSt, 1A. Anyone know why and how to fix it?

Weird little radios, these GTX's... they're cute, but they ain't no Maxtracs...

(Oh and BTW: I tried searching for info on the GTX, but this board's search feature just sucks! It gives me 'nothing found' when I enter something less than 3 or 4 letters... I tried "GTX E06" and stuff like that, and it still didn't work. Can anyone look into that? It's real frustrating.)
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

on the search feature type in GTX* it will get around that

not sure about your other issues, but wanted to help ya with that search thing.
firemanbatt
Fail 01/90

Post by firemanbatt »

The GTX's have somewhat of a different pinout than the maxtracs. That might be something as to your speaker and power thing.

I have alot of gtx's out around here, all running conventional. but you must have a trunking mode also. so I have 1a with blank stuff.

They are funny cause when you shut them off it takes a long time for the display to finally turn off. and it always goes through a 45 sec test mode when you start them

tim
Johnny Grep

Post by Johnny Grep »

That's what I'm looking for: the correct pinout for an external speaker. Also, is there an (easy) way to re-enable the internal speaker?

As for my setup, I have a couple of type 1 systems configured right now, with about 8 conventional (simplex) channels, most of em to monitor the repeater outputs. But I reprogrammed the radio like 10 times since that error and it never failed again, so I guess this is a moot point now.
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

i think that error is a checksum error for the codeplug.. but it apparantly corrected itself.. (anomoly noted.. lol)

as for the internal speaker, here is the internal config for it:

Pin 13 Configuration:

For internal speaker remove L417 and install R455 and L435
For Switched +12v Remove L435 and install L417 and R0425 (0 ohm resistor)
For ground Install Remove L435 and install L417 and R0426
Johnny Grep

Post by Johnny Grep »

I think it's stupid that we have to open and play around with jumpers to activate the internal speaker... what gives? As I said, cute radio, but ain't no Maxtrac...
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Did you initially try to program the unit with no trunking systems in it at all with the LAB? If so, that's why you got the E06. There needs to be at least 1 trunked mode in the radio. Regular RSS won't let you eliminate all trunked modes, thus avoiding that problem.

The internal speaker requires a jumper in the accessory connector between pins 16 & 13....not like a Maxtrac/GM300 which is pins 16 & 15. By factory default, you DO NOT have to move jumpers around inside the radio. So, unless someone changed it for some reason, you shouldn't have to worry about them.

Unless a jumper has been placed inside the radio, you also need +12V on pin 10, for ignition sense.

If the external speaker you are trying to use has the Maxtrac jumper between pins 7 & 9, that's likely what's giving you the wierd problems on power up.

Hope that helps.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”