Maxtrac logic board intialization

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Fred Marvin

Maxtrac logic board intialization

Post by Fred Marvin »

I installed a new logic board into a Maxtrac 300. I thought that I did everything correctly in the initialization process.

I still get the tone, not programmed tone.

I can not read the code plug. I get #52 = logic board problems, needs replacement.

Is it possible to clear the EEPROM and start over? :roll:
xmo

Post by xmo »

If you got that logic board from the Motorla parts department, you should have removed the firmware from your existing logic board and installed it in the new board.

Then you should have installed the new board in your radio, loaded a properly licensed copy of Maxtrac RSS on a computer previously known to work properly for Maxtrac programming.

Next you would go into into F2 "SERVICE" and perform the 'Replace Logic Board' steps to reinitialize your radio as the exact model that it always was.

After you perform the 'Replace Logic Board' steps you MUST also perform the 'Replace RF Board' steps.

IF you did all that and the process failed - I would recommend that you call the Motorola parts department for assistance.

The only way to blank a board and "start over" is with LAB software.
Monty
Administrator

Post by Monty »

Hello:

If you chose to email me "direct" I have made some
Step by Step" Instructions on the "How To' poperly
re-initialize your Logic Board.

However, the above instructions apply to Virigin boards
only !

I offer you guidence in how to "save" your old Soft Pot
values to be used in the alighnment process of the new
Board.