X9000 Ham RSS??? / Need Information about !

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

X9000 Ham RSS??? / Need Information about !

Post by kb0nly »

Ok, here's the deal. I got some X9000's off a surplus auction and want to get them into the ham band, 2mtr's and 70cm of course, and I cannot find the elusive Ham RSS for them. So excuse the ignorance, and I realize the rules of the forum, i'm not expecting someone to post a link to an illegal copy. [ Moderated ]
One of the local radio guru's has a copy of the 6.00 RSS but it won't allow the entry of any 2m frequencies. Is there some kind of software addon, or (excuse the wording) hack or crack or whatever to make it work?

I'm new to the Syntor model, i usually use nothing but Mitrek, Micor, and Mocom!

Thanks and 73,

Scott, KB0NLY
Mike B

Post by Mike B »

Here is the information I have been able to gather on x9k HAM RSS. There are hacked versions of the software, but the hackers have been silent about the exact changes that are required to open up the frequency coverage. There is a frequency opened up hacked version 6 that goes up to 255 modes and 32 MPLs. There was even a special Motorola HAM 5.02 version (that Motorola does not support or distribute) that is a true HAM RSS for the Syntor X 9000. It has special added HAM frequency ranges rather than just opening up an existing range, including full 900 MHz for converted radios.
Last edited by Mike B on Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will

Post by Will »

Scott, read up on the Syntor 9000 page on BatLabs, and also on Mike's site, lots of the information you are looking for is there.

Do use the Search button to locate articles here on the X9.
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

Do you know if the hacked version of rev 6 will support 440 mhz X9000 with VRS option. Right now I have to program the radio twice, once with the VRS info and dummy info for the freqs and then again with the version I have that supports ham freqs at 440.
The VRS info stays put even after the second programming with the older non VRS supporting ham modified software.

Chris
N9LLO
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

Will,

I HAVE READ THERE!! That's why i am here. Because the pages you mention both clearly state they will have nothing to do with the software needed to program these radios. I have the factory manuals .

I have a friend in the local club that has a Motorola RIB, and i can easily make up the cable from a Siren/PA T cable, Its sad when Motorola won't do anything to help, and the ham's that do know how to make it work aren't talking.

PS: There was mention on one of those sites how to fool the RSS software with a bunch of math and maybe's to supposedly make it work, doesn't work on the version of RSS software that the local Motorola shop has, i took a printout of it to them today and we sat there for over an hour trying to enter the right combinations to get a 2m frequency programmed in, but the RSS software keeps tossing errors at us. The radios would however program into the 150-174 range as the software was intended for without any problems at all.
Mike B

Post by Mike B »

Careful, unless you typed that [moderated] comment yourself, you crossed a line you should not have crossed. If you do not respect the rules that help keep this board alive, you will have a hard time getting anyone except a moderator to answer your posts.

The problem you are faced with is Motorola's overboard willingness to take legal action to protect its RSS. I say overboard because they do this for RSS versions they do not distribute for totally obsolete radios (obsolete as far a Motorola is concerned anyway). If Motorola would just take the really old stuff, unplug it from the RSS license system, package it and sell it for a reasonable price like their competitors do for even their current versions, you would just be able to buy a legal HAM capable copy. This is unfortunately a fantasy, not a reality. Motorola mostly knows how to sell in the government and corporate markets. They do not seem to know how to do an efficient low overhead job for profitable smaller sales or how to connect with these smaller markets.

You can modify the VHF VCO tuning strip (only if needed) and use a lower frequency RSS range that should go down to 146 MHz (if I remember correctly).
http://www.open.org/~blenderm/syntorx/e ... tml#ef_adj
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

Whatever they moderated it wasn't a link to a website or anything not allowable by the forum rules. I wish i remember exactly what was typed there, but i have no idea why they would have been anal enough to edit it??

Clue me in here, i read the forum rules twice before posting, what did i type that was supposedly bad? As i said, i didn't type in a web address or anything like that. Anyway at least there is some helpful people lurking in the shadows on this site. I have received plenty of helpful comments and info.

Bye...
Monty
Administrator

Post by Monty »

Whatever they moderated it wasn't a link to a website or anything not allowable by the forum rules. I wish i remember exactly what was typed there, but i have no idea why they would have been anal enough to edit it??

Clue me in here, I read the forum rules twice before posting, what did I type that was supposedly bad? As I said, I didn't type in a web address or anything like that. Anyway at least there is some helpful people lurking in the shadows on this site. I have received plenty of helpful comments and info.

Bye...
Hello, since apparently you do not review your email, I will
make the announcement here that I had to moderated your
post since it " Could Be Viewed " as a Cleaver way of asking
for Radio Service Software.

I also never received a response to my email to you !

I was not the only person who reconized this, and you bring undesired attention to the board [ as well as yourself ] by
making a post of who, what, where, whom and how.

I don't make the rules ! , but I have the job of enforcing them
to protect the whole.

Motorola Radio Service Software can only be obtained legally
through Motorola. If they chose to make it Obsolete, that is their
right. If you have a issue about the License Agreement you need
to take it up with Motorola.

If you have a issue with the Board being Anal about moderating
your post, perhaps another forum would be better suited to your
needs.

But, plain and simple, trying to use Cleaver words to acquire the
sympathy of others is not a professional approach. And since it appears you have done your homework, you know very well that the Factory RSS is not widely distributed.

Monty
kb0nly

HUH?

Post by kb0nly »

I just checked my messages on here, and i checked my email again for like the tenth time today, and i haven't received any email to date from you, so hence why you also never received a response.

But whatever, i don't care, others on here have been helpful.

Later.....
Monty
Administrator

Post by Monty »

Plain and simple, here is the mesaage
sent to you:
==========================================

This was sent to your Hotmail address, and the
the @arrl.net address as well ( Which the arrl.net address
bounced on your Website Email.

Hello kb0nly,

The following is an email sent to you by Monty via your account on Batwing Laboratories. If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

batboard@batlabs.com

Include this full email (particularly the headers). Please note that the reply address to this email has been set to that of Monty.

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Scott:

In accordance with the Rules of the Forum, I had to
moderate your posts as although I understand your
need, Motorola does keep a eye out for individuals
who ask who, what , where , why, and:

[ just an explanation of how the heck everyone gets it! ]

A explanation of the fact would require a response of a
Person "Who Has The Software " and has obtained it
through a illegal source!

Some members "Cleverly " try to disguise ways of getting
forum members to respond, and perhaps someone might
be able to meet your needs, but please, do not make posts
that make a request on how everyone " gets it"

Most everyone on the forum knows that there is " Factory Proprietary Radio Service Software ' that belongs to
Motorola, yet some individuals have it illegally, and to
distribute illegal software has gotten many a person
into real trouble with Motorola.

There will be no second warning ! ( Period ) hence the reason for the Moderation for your protection and the forum.

Please reframe from sympathetical posts.

Monty

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”