Motorola Oddballs through the years

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: Motorola Oddballs through the years

Post by FireCpt809 »

I have an HT210 My old volunteer FD bought them on the cheap in the 80's 2F no PL It was traded in on some HT600's in the 90's and the dealer gave me one of them because it was engraved with the department name.

Years ago I bought a salesman's demo kit of Sabers on Ebay It had one of each model in a hard side briefcase. The model III secure had a block of aluminum also. The model II was an actual MX2000 and the Model I was an MX1000. They came with batteries that were real and real antennas.
NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Post by NSPD »

Some clear Visars for the weekend...

Jake
Gtaman

Post by Gtaman »

NSPD wrote:Some clear Visars for the weekend...

Very cool.
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

Deleted - apparently i can no longer post pics
fineshot1
NJ USA
chrismoll12

Post by chrismoll12 »

NSPD wrote:Here's one we haven't seen yet.. or really anywhere for that matter... Motorola HT100 VHF.

There doesn't seem to be much information at all out there about these. By the way... uses a battery that screws onto the back, so that is the whole radio! Shorter than a Pageboy!
Where in the world did you find one of those in that condition? I've been searching for at least a tiny black and white print on one of these for the better part of 10 yrs
NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Post by NSPD »

chrismoll12 wrote:
NSPD wrote:Here's one we haven't seen yet.. or really anywhere for that matter... Motorola HT100 VHF.

There doesn't seem to be much information at all out there about these. By the way... uses a battery that screws onto the back, so that is the whole radio! Shorter than a Pageboy!
Where in the world did you find one of those in that condition? I've been searching for at least a tiny black and white print on one of these for the better part of 10 yrs
I was fortunate enough to happen upon a retired /\/\ employee that was selling off a small collection of radios. Got several really nice radios from him.
Jake
radioguruphil

Post by radioguruphil »

I have installed those same speakers brand new on fire trucks. This would have been in the early nineties.
kb4mdz
What radios do you own?: Too many for the time I have.

Post by kb4mdz »

NSPD wrote:Some clear Visars for the weekend...

One shop's salesman used to refer to the regular Visar as 'a turd with an antenna'. I will grant, the clear versions are kinda cool, tho.
mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

Post by mikegilbert »

Here's a new one for you. Never seen one, or heard of one before. Haven't had a chance to charge the battery yet.

An Expo DTMF.

Model # H24QEU1110AN

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”