MCD 5000 cannot define GU IP

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

proffkursk
New User

MCD 5000 cannot define GU IP

Post by proffkursk »

In MCD 5000 CT (version 2.3) when I click on "Define GU IP" and enter login credentials it ends up with error message “No response from 10.0.0.1, please check connection to GU.”
I can ping RGU/Deskset on 10.0.0.1. I have SFTP access to it and can communicate with RGU/Deskset via MMI/Local O&M in Putty.

Any ideas?
wavetar
Administrator

Re: MCD 5000 cannot define GU IP

Post by wavetar »

Are you interfacing to it via the 'internal LAN' port?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
techtonics

Post by techtonics »

Depends on the version of the RGU/Deskset. If it is version 1.0 you cannot talk to it with version 2.3.

I just deployed an additional 20 desksets and had to install an older version CT in order to set the IPs and firmware update.
proffkursk
New User

Post by proffkursk »

Thanks all! I found where the problem was. A standalone (initial) version of CT was not installed, but an upgrade version. Once I installed everything in order, it started talking to RGU/Desksets.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”