Zetron Model 5 Diagonal Tone

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tuckerm

Zetron Model 5 Diagonal Tone

Post by tuckerm »

I've been looking into an old Zetron Model 5. I can type the usual three digit code and get tones I want to transmit (ie: 120 is A368.5,B330.5). What I am wondering is how to use the Diagonal codes. I have the manual that is showing the sub-commands but I guess I'm just not "getting it". The one I'm looking at is set to a Two-Tone, 100-Call Format. What would I punch in to trigger a Diagonal code?

Thanks.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
RFguy

Re: Zetron Model 5 Diagonal Tone

Post by RFguy »

I consider myself very proficient in 2-tone paging coding. I started in pager repair in the early 80's and we have run a carrier system ever since, but I have never understood diagonal codes. Maybe it's because I have always worked on Motorola pagers and not some of the other brands that had alternate coding schemes (RCA etc).

I may have a Zetron Model 5 manual somewhere if needed.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”