Quantar Linking 2m/440 & external controller

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Scrotumola

Quantar Linking 2m/440 & external controller

Post by Scrotumola »

I have a VHF and UHF Quantar and a single SCom 7330 controller. Due to available space limitations at the sites, they will be deployed in opposing sides of town but will have similar footprints. I will be running them dual mode FM/P25. Internet and POTS are available, but T1 is out of the question. What would be the best way to link the 2 Quantars together. Will I need a second 7330, or will 1 suffice?

Thanks!

~S~
Scrotumola

Re: Quantar Linking 2m/440 & external controller

Post by Scrotumola »

I should add that both decks have v.24 cards in them
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

Why bother with analog? Digital only is much easier and better.
Scrotumola

Post by Scrotumola »

AS,

I'm trying to put P25 on the map here and gain a following by providing solid infrastructure, footprint and reliability. There has never been a P25 repeater here on either band and this will put P25 on the map. Further, the frequency coordinators also expressed concern about allocating a P25 only pair citing lack of demand and limited allocations, whereas DMR and Fusion are a dime a dozen. There's a lot of P25 2m around here, but on 440 it remains to be unseen, patching both machines together in both modes, I would hope promotes it's viability (akin 900mhz... it you build it, they will come.)

I look forward to your input. I've been googling and following threads and haven't found a difinitive solution.
Scrotumola

Post by Scrotumola »

AS,

I'm trying to put P25 on the map here and gain a following by providing solid infrastructure, footprint and reliability. There has never been a P25 repeater here on either band and this will put P25 on the map. Further, the frequency coordinators also expressed concern about allocating a P25 only pair citing lack of demand and limited allocations, whereas DMR and Fusion are a dime a dozen. There's a lot of P25 2m around here, but on 440 it remains to be unseen, patching both machines together in both modes, I would hope promotes it's viability (akin 900mhz... it you build it, they will come.)

I look forward to your input. I've been googling and following threads and haven't found a difinitive solution.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”