MTR2000 + ID-O-Matic

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

berkinet

MTR2000 + ID-O-Matic

Post by berkinet »

We would like to add a courtesy beep to the MTR2000 and are considering using the ID-O-Matic. Other than that, we have no issues with the built-in controller. I have asked Dan (w7rf) at Radiolan if he had any tips or knew of anyone who had done this. But, he could only tell me he was sure it would work.

I was hoping to get something a little more detailed. For example: Config settings (RSS) on the MTR2000 to disable the internal controller and, perhaps, provide any needed signaling changes; advice on connectors - can I use any connectors intended for mobile radios with the MTR2000; any thin g else to be aware of.

If anyone here has any information like I noted above, or other ideas that would be helpful, I am all ears.
d119

Re: MTR2000 + ID-O-Matic

Post by d119 »

When programming the MTR 2000 for external control, it should be set up in "Base" mode, not "Repeater" mode. You really should read all of the documentation on Repeater Builder about the MTR 2000 and interfacing it to an external controller. I gave you the link in your message about this in the programming section. It should answer all of your questions.
berkinet

Post by berkinet »

Thanks for the note. I am familiar with Repeater-Builder. But, it doesn’t specifically address the id-o-matic as used with the mtr2000, if fact, I couldn’t find any references anywhere to that combination. Also, regarding Repeater-Builder, some of the information, being from many different people, can be a bit confusing or specific to a certain controller.

I did see the note about base mode, but didn’t realize it was a general observation. So, thanks for pointing that out.
d119

Post by d119 »

Interfacing *any* type of controller to an MTR 2000 should be as simple as following the procedures outlined for the given controllers spelled out on Repeater Builder.

With few exceptions, all repeater controllers will interface to any given radio in the same manner. So while there is a procedure spelled out for the CAT controller, it can be adapted to the ID-o-Matic, as the interface signals will be the same.

Every controller needs audio in, audio out, PTT, and COR/PL detect or some variation thereof. Oh, and power too.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”