Maratrac

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

policespeeder
New User

Maratrac

Post by policespeeder »

I am planning to use a Maratrac transmitter on a 6 meter repeater. I need to inject PL from a Comspec encoder and am having issues with finding an appropriate injection point. I need to use other than the built in PL because I need to switch it off during hang time. Any suggestions? Rod/WD7FGX
Jim202

Re: Maratrac

Post by Jim202 »

I don't know any repeater that kills the TX PL tone during the hang time. It is normal for a repeater controller to send a Roger beep when the repeater input goes away to let the other users know when the current user has finished transmitting.

Can I ask why your trying to do this killing of the PL during the repeater tail time?

Jim
Karl NVW

Post by Karl NVW »

Many low-cost 3rd party controllers with internal CTCSS generators DO inhibit the TX PL as soon as the COR signal drops. That's much cheaper than designing their products to meet commercial usage standards, including the turn-off burst sent during the hang time. But also know that the Maratrac is NOT a base station or repeater; it's not even capable of extended duty operation at reduced power output with a cooling fan. Much like trying to use a Yugo for a police patrol vehicle.
Karl - WA8NVW AFA5VB
SHARES + NCS
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

Use the ComSpec community repeater tone panel, and follow the instructions in one of their app notes. The repeater panel has the native capability to mute user PL's on hang time.
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

I have been using a Maratrac as a 6 m repeater transmitter for years.
Works just fine at 80 watts and a small fan.
Not the same if you try to do in in VHF-HI or UHF.
Better than nothing if you don't have crystals for a Micor TX (which I also use on different sites)
Steve K.
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

Policespeeder I sent you a PM if you wanna' discuss further
Steve K.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”