MTR2K Wireline cable ripped out (repair?)

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

AlertFMTech
New User

MTR2K Wireline cable ripped out (repair?)

Post by AlertFMTech »

Operating a MTR2K repeater, with Motorola L1475 desksets.

During some previous routine maintenance - the cable pair going into the wireline on the MTR2K backplane was ripped out instead of being properly released. It has since been reinserted to the best of my ability, but remains incredible loose.

I can no longer tx/rx on the desksets - I'm assuming there is no connection inside the wireline module. Can this be easily repaired after removing the backplane, or should I be considering ordering a new card?

Any help would be appreciated
fineshot1

Re: MTR2K Wireline cable ripped out (repair?)

Post by fineshot1 »

I suspect that the wireline connector on the back of the MTR2000 may be part
of the backplane and if that was damaged the backplane itself may be in need
of repair or replacement.
fineshot1
NJ USA
d119

Re: MTR2K Wireline cable ripped out (repair?)

Post by d119 »

These connectors on the MTR 2000 are atrocious. On the MTR 3000, they were replaced with euro-type connectors.

Disassemble the station. On the backplane, unsolder the stupid friction tabs Motorola put on there and solder 12" or so of four conductor telephone lead on there. Terminate the other end in a standard RJ11 biscuit block. Now you have a nice modular connector!

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”