Mydel mp8230 power supply

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Tech255
New User
What radios do you own?: Yaesu FT757 mk1 FT-726r FT101Z

Mydel mp8230 power supply

Post by Tech255 »

Just wondering if anyone has one of these power supplies and could help me out.

Went into the workshop today switched on the supply with nothing connected and it blew up, after having it apart both switching transistors are blown and also several resistors, i have scoured the net for a circuit but to no avail so if you have one could you lift the lid and just tell me the values of the three resistors in front of each of the power transistors please as mine are burnt beyond recognition.

Thank you so much.

Nigel.
Karl NVW

Re: Mydel mp8230 power supply

Post by Karl NVW »

Nigel, your description of the damage sounds like your power mains suffered a severe voltage surge. It's good that none of your radio equipment was connected when you powered up the supply.

Google is your friend, but I haven't found a manual, just the assembly:
https://www.radioworld.co.uk/mydel_mp-8 ... h_mode_psu

If you were here in the USA, I'm thinking that a Samlex 1223 could serve as a reasonable and readily available alternative.
Karl - WA8NVW AFA5VB
SHARES + NCS
Tech255
New User
What radios do you own?: Yaesu FT757 mk1 FT-726r FT101Z

Re: Mydel mp8230 power supply

Post by Tech255 »

Karl thanks for your response, i had already seen that page and unfortunately its of no use.
I have however found one the same on eBay for a reasonable price so will endeavour to purchase it.
Nigel

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”