GTR8000 Wildcard/PL

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wa2zpx
New User

GTR8000 Wildcard/PL

Post by wa2zpx »

Hi,

I have a GTR8000 repeater. It is running Analog. The repeater is set up with a 3 second hang time. I'm trying to configure it so that the PL on the output is only there when there is a signal on the input. The wild cards tables appear to be a little than I remember them with the Quantar. I have entered what I thought would work, only to find that things do not switch state until the tail drops. Has anyone done this successfully on the GTR?

Thanks,

Rich
Karl NVW

Re: GTR8000 Wildcard/PL

Post by Karl NVW »

Motorola single-user repeater stations equipped with PL and DPL send PL/DPL through the drop-off hang-time interval since the MOTRAC stations of the 1960s, and Quantar repeaters stations work the same. The only exception is with multi-user "community repeater" stations. I'm not aware of any special programming on the GTR-8K.
Karl - WA8NVW AFA5VB
SHARES + NCS

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”