MCD5000 RGU does not appear to boot properly

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

4203radio
New User

MCD5000 RGU does not appear to boot properly

Post by 4203radio »

I have an MCD5000 RGU model F7979A that upon power up briefly displays green on each of the four radio status LED's on the front of the device. The power indicator lights red at the same time and never changes to green. I cannot communicate with the RGU via internal or external LAN. I suspect the device is not booting properly or has encountered some other issue(s). It is not connected to any radios at this time. Any ideas on this? Thanks!!
alex
Administrator

Re: MCD5000 RGU does not appear to boot properly

Post by alex »

There is an O&M / Local port. You can connect by serial - I think it's 9600-8-n-1, if not it might be a higher baud rate. If you watch it boot it might give you some clues as to where the malfunction is exactly, or, it might also have set it back to the default out of box IP's, but, in theory it should still be reachable at 10.0.0.1 via the internal lan port.
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”