Minitor II - Disable Alert Tone

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Minitor II - Disable Alert Tone

Post by SteveC0625 »

I searched here and around the net but didn't find anything specific on doing this. I have a standard Minitor II that I want to disable the alert tone but not the alert function. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I have the Minitor II info from batlabs, but I am not seeing a jumper change or part removal that will accomplish this.

Thanks so much.
kd5wfy
New User

Re: Minitor II - Disable Alert Tone

Post by kd5wfy »

Yes. I've actually done the same thing for my pager that stays in my room for night alerts.

If you have a steady hand you will need to remove the SMD resistor R309

The light will still flash while it is alerting, and the pin that goes to the amp charger will still works as well.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Minitor II - Disable Alert Tone

Post by SteveC0625 »

kd5wfy wrote:Yes. I've actually done the same thing for my pager that stays in my room for night alerts.

If you have a steady hand you will need to remove the SMD resistor R309

The light will still flash while it is alerting, and the pin that goes to the amp charger will still works as well.
Thank you!

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”