Unication pager revert to older codeplug?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ttiiggy
New User

Unication pager revert to older codeplug?

Post by ttiiggy »

I have Unication Alpha Legend+ pagers and programming cradles.

I was working on two pagers for now. I tried using PPS to write new programming into a pager and it said it won't work.
I read the other pager and noticed that they have different codeplug number designators.
One pager shows codeplug R08.02.09. One pager shows codeplug R08.03.01.

I looked around and found that the computers have different versions of PPS.
Most computers have PPS version R08.02.09.
Apparently a newer computer got PPS version R08.03.01 installed on it and this pager got programmed with it.

I got this pager programmed. I noticed that I had a typo in the name and got interrupted. I got back and placed a pager in the programming cradle and programmed in the correct info. Discovered that I had programmed the other pager with the newer PPS. Now I have TWO pagers with the newer codeplug.
It looks like the pager codeplug version is the same as the last version of PPS that it was programmed with.

I don't want to change the PPS in the other computers. I wanted to just change the PPS in this one.

I would like all the pagers to have the older codeplug in them so that they can be programmed with the older computer.

Is there a way to go BACK to the older codeplug?

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”