Minitor VI "enhanced" announcement?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

TomSlick

Minitor VI "enhanced" announcement?

Post by TomSlick »

The PPS announcement selections allow standard, customized and enhanced. I understand the first two, but what does 'enhanced' do?
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Minitor VI "enhanced" announcement?

Post by SteveC0625 »

TomSlick wrote:The PPS announcement selections allow standard, customized and enhanced. I understand the first two, but what does 'enhanced' do?
One of the large dealers posted a 6 page "how to" on programming the VI. Here's the description of all three options:

• Standard: Announces the mode, frequency number and alert type that are programmed for current switch position.

• Enhanced: In addition to the Standard announcement, announces On/Off Duty, Push-To-Listen, Priority Alert, and Privacy when programmed for the current switch position.

• Custom: Plays the custom announcements stored. You can store up to eight different custom function switch announcements in the pager
TomSlick

Post by TomSlick »

Thanks very much.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

TomSlick wrote:Thanks very much.
No problem. I try to pay it forward when ever I can. The other users here on the batboard have been kind, generous, and very patient with me as I struggled to catch up on dealing with the radios in my interest area.

For Tom and everyone else, here is a link to that Minitor VI programming guide in PDF format: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxAVX2 ... sp=sharing
TomSlick

Post by TomSlick »

As it turns out, the options are described on page 29 of the user guide as well. Silly me, I never expected to see a PPS section in the user guide.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”