Minitor VI Questions

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tuckerm

Minitor VI Questions

Post by tuckerm »

Two Questions:

1: Is there an engineering mode on the Min 6s to change from 1 Channel to 5 or is it a hardware thing? Just curious about it. We're good with 1 Freq but want to know if it's possible in the future.
2: Trying to figure out how to setup SWs. I can do what I want pretty well with only two Call Tones, but what about adding a third on SW H? I want that to be a third tone set only alerting on H (still having Tones 1 & 2 alerting on it too), But I still need Call 1 to only alert on SW C & SW E. Is this possible with the Min6 or am I out of luck? These are only 1 Freq pagers.

Call 1, 2, and 3.

SW A: Call 1 & 2 Tone
SW B: Call 1 & 2 Vibrate
SW C: Call 1 Tone
SW D: Monitor
SW E: Call 1 Vibrate

SW H: Call 1,2, & 3 Tone

Thanks.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
RFguy

Re: Minitor VI Questions

Post by RFguy »

Short answer:

1: NO

2: You need a 5-frequency model to your H position function as you specified.
tuckerm

Re: Minitor VI Questions

Post by tuckerm »

Thanks, appreciate it.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”