Min 6 falses while in charger?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

TomSlick

Min 6 falses while in charger?

Post by TomSlick »

I've had several instances of my Minitor 6 going off on the wrong tones while charging. I notice a distinct 60 Hz-type hum in the receive audio while it's in the charger, which I'm guessing may be at least part of the issue. The charger is plugged in to a surge-suppressor strip, which also has an Impres charger and a USB charger plugged into it. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I guess I need to try relocating it to another outlet to see if the hum is present elsewhere.
tuckerm

Re: Min 6 falses while in charger?

Post by tuckerm »

Never had that happen. My Min 5 used to do that every once and a while. I have two batteries for the Min 6, so now I leave one in the charger and I swap batteries vs putting it on the base.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
tuckerm

Re: Min 6 falses while in charger?

Post by tuckerm »

Never had that happen. My Min 5 used to do that every once and a while. I have two batteries for the Min 6, so now I leave one in the charger and I swap batteries vs putting it on the base.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”