Minitor IV 6 Amplified Base Wiring Question

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Lt25
New User

Minitor IV 6 Amplified Base Wiring Question

Post by Lt25 »

I'm sure this topic has been covered extensively, but I cant find the exact information I'm looking for. Here's what I need help with:

I have a Minitor 6 pager with amplified charging base. I want to use wire up the pager/base to an external amplifier to provide dispatch audio inside the fire station after the pager alerts. We all know about the "open squelch" issue if I program the pager to auto reset. So I want to avoid that route.

I need to set up the pager with a timer relay somehow so that audio can pass to the amplifier for a specific period of time (60-90 seconds) and then the relay will reset.

Can someone please point me to a previous post that details this setup or give me a schematic with a parts list? Or suggest another way of achieving this goal. Please and thank you.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Minitor IV 6 Amplified Base Wiring Question

Post by SteveC0625 »

Lt25 wrote:I'm sure this topic has been covered extensively, but I cant find the exact information I'm looking for. Here's what I need help with:

I have a Minitor 6 pager with amplified charging base. I want to use wire up the pager/base to an external amplifier to provide dispatch audio inside the fire station after the pager alerts. We all know about the "open squelch" issue if I program the pager to auto reset. So I want to avoid that route.

I need to set up the pager with a timer relay somehow so that audio can pass to the amplifier for a specific period of time (60-90 seconds) and then the relay will reset.

Can someone please point me to a previous post that details this setup or give me a schematic with a parts list? Or suggest another way of achieving this goal. Please and thank you.
Instead of Automatic or Delayed N use Muted Delayed N. Problem solved.
jban
What radios do you own?: AS mob, ASIII, XTS/XTL

Re: Minitor IV 6 Amplified Base Wiring Question

Post by jban »

I am curious how to wire it into a pa amp as well. Can you get line level audio off teh charger amp or ?
John B

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”