Motorola Advanced Simulcast Controller

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

OldDawg
New User

Motorola Advanced Simulcast Controller

Post by OldDawg »

Might anyone have any reference material at all on the Motorola ASC? I'm up against the wall with a problem here, and a Google search returns Z E R O results.

HALP!
Karl NVW

Re: Motorola Advanced Simulcast Controller

Post by Karl NVW »

It doesn't always require a set of manuals to fix an ASC issue. You could simply describe the problem and ask your questions.
Karl - WA8NVW AFA5VB
SHARES + NCS
OldDawg
New User

Post by OldDawg »

Of course. We acquired a paging system, using a Zetron 2200 and an ASC with a single PURC tx. After moving all the hardware to our location and installing it, it seems we're missing the ASC / 2200 cross connect info.

I don't even know why we need the durn thing, with only 1 transmitter. There's also a TNPP server in the mix, used for network paging. Connected to the ASC via a serial connection, and to the Zetron via USB to serial connection. If the 2200 can control the link tx directly, and we can connect the TNPP server's serial connection to the 2200, then we should be able to remove the ASC, to keep it simple. 2200 manual I got. There is NOTHING to be found for the ASC I'm afraid.
OldDawg
New User

Post by OldDawg »

CLOSE this up. Got manuals.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”