Pageboy III recrystal/alignment

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Pageboy III recrystal/alignment

Post by NSPD »

Anyone on the board still work on these? I picked up a box of these with some NOS parts CHEAP at a hamfest and they are currently on 451.025. I would like to eventually move one or more of them up to 453.750 to work on our county fire simulcast. I would guess it is just a matter if installing the new crystal and tone filters and then aligning the pager.

Also, anyone have a PDF manual or service manual for these?
Jake
Andy Brinkley
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: FMR80D and a Motrac with Scan

Re: Pageboy III recrystal/alignment

Post by Andy Brinkley »

Jake -

I'll look, I may have a copy of the manual some where in the file cabinet.

IIRC all of the Pageboys were tone and voice only (no squelch circuit) so you won't be able to monitor with them and the tone elements for the GC tone sets might be difficult if not impossible to find.
Andy / NC4AB
SlimBob

Post by SlimBob »

What in hades is a A03TNC?

Freq is 168.325 MHz, at least last time I had a battery for it. Case says "Pageboy III".

FCC ID: AZ489FR3666
MODEL: A03TNC2468BC
SERIAL: 413BPWA968
FREQ: 168.3250 MHZ

Possible to flip the injection to get below 148MHz?

Any way to ID the tone sequence it might be using?
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Are you sure it says Pageboy III (3), and not Pageboy II (2) on the metal cover?

The TNC's were the delexe model of the DNC. It had an on/off switch/volume control on top. All the ones we had 2-tone and voice. I worked on hundreds, but I don't think I have a manual any more. I'll take a look.
SlimBob

Post by SlimBob »

Very. I'm thinking the slip-case doesn't match the pager itself. The unit only has an LCD, button on top, and the up/down hold on-off on the side. No dial-type/pot for volume control; the volume is a pair of buttons on the side. Maybe a recased unit. I assume the ID tag, being part of the housing, is correct.
SlimBob

Post by SlimBob »

I guess the piece of information I'm looking for right now is... which manual do I need to buy for this radio?

This is what it physically looks like:

goblue

Post by goblue »

You need the theory and maintenance manual for a VHF/A03 132-174 MHz Pageboy III Tone and Voice pager.

I have seen them available on EBay from time to time. If the seller has dozens of other Motorola Pager manuals up for auction, just ask if they have one. Many times the pager manual you are looking for is not listed but available upon request. I have bought several that were not listed for Ebay seller:

carolann56 ... it fact she has one for the Pageboy III listed, she might also have a theory and maintenance manual, not sure if they labeled them differently back then{20 plus years ago}

Below is an auction for the "instruction" manual....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Manual ... 1133wt_932

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”