Whelen cencom

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Bbeja81689
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola

Whelen cencom

Post by Bbeja81689 »

Hey guys. I found the programming software on Whelens website. Looking to see where I can find the programming cable so I can re program my cencom. Any help would be appreciated
tvsjr

Re: Whelen cencom

Post by tvsjr »

It's a USB cable... type A to type B. Nothing special
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

tvsjr wrote:It's a USB cable... type A to type B. Nothing special
Yep, and unless it's a cencom that comes in the new for utility or interceptor, your good to go. Those require "Ford/Whelen" SW.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by tvsjr »

spectragod wrote:
tvsjr wrote:It's a USB cable... type A to type B. Nothing special
Yep, and unless it's a cencom that comes in the new for utility or interceptor, your good to go. Those require "Ford/Whelen" SW.
Yeeeah... who's stupid idea was that? Tards.
canonninja
New User

Post by canonninja »

Well I have a copy of the Ford software, that only effects factory-installed Cencoms ending in part number "AB" the others use the freebie software off Whelen's website

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”