Whelen AdvantEdge problem

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

2100prs
New User

Whelen AdvantEdge problem

Post by 2100prs »

I recently got asked by the chief to take a look at two light bars that are reported broken at our station. One is a whelen 4000 series AdvantEdge <Rotator|Flasher|Rotator|BLANK|BLANK|Rotator|Flasher|Rotator>
With this one ive got about 10 inches of wire. Its got two obvious that are power + and Ground -.
Other than that it has about 8 others that are exposed. Ive seen a diagram of what theyre supposed to be. My question is:
Do i need a power supply or a switch box to make this work or can i rig rocker switches to it and then one for alleys, one for flashers, etc. and have it still work?

Question 2: I have an S&L LED lightbar. Something shorted in the truck one night. I took it apart and the control board inside is fried about halfway. The company (go figure) no longer exists. So can i take the LEDs from it and mount them to the AdvantEdge and make that work?
(I was thinking i could wire them the same as the flashers and make an arrowstick work on the back.)
tvsjr

Re: Whelen AdvantEdge problem

Post by tvsjr »

You are better off asking this on eLightbars.org

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”