Whelen Motorola compatible siren

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mhodgson

Whelen Motorola compatible siren

Post by mhodgson »

Anyone have any experience with these? I see brand new ones on Ebay for give away prices so makes me wonder if they were worth a darn....

Motorola sales have loaned me one but doesn't tell you much about how it is set up. On the surface it would appear that one simply removes the DB25 cable going to Motorola siren and plugs in the new one supplied by Whelen, powers the unit up and off you go.....but that might be totally an understatement....

Only reason I am remotely interested is that some of our Whelen's on the newer engines have been reprogrammed to mimic the old GE Powercall sound and I am curious if the Whelen in question will do it as well.

The Unit is a TT2592 Motorola or Whelen 01-0687630-00

Thanks

Mike
Code3
Batboard $upporter

Re: Whelen Motorola compatible siren

Post by Code3 »

The siren is plug and play just as you suspected. There are no powercall tones, but the manual does make reference to a mechanical wail tone. you can select between Motorola classic tones, and Whelen standard tones with the option of piercer and mechanical wail programmed via dip switches on the unit.
mhodgson

Re: Whelen Motorola compatible siren

Post by mhodgson »

Thank you for the clarification

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”