Cencom Sapphire error light

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jfdrescue1
New User

Cencom Sapphire error light

Post by jfdrescue1 »

Hello everyone, I have a Cencom Sapphire in a police cruiser that the control head is no longer working. It beeps when a button is depressed but the backlight will not come on and it will not activate any functions. The error light is on steady which whelen indicates "Cencom controller bus is set to off" I have no idea what that means. Has anyone else had this issue? I did try a working control head out of another cruiser and it still didn't work. Thanks for the help!
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: Cencom Sapphire error light

Post by spectragod »

Did you try reprogramming the unit? I had one just last week that the gun lock timer quit working, reprogrammed and it works fine, no clue what happened, but it's fixed now.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”