2013 Tahoe Horn power

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mfowler2
New User

2013 Tahoe Horn power

Post by mfowler2 »

I'm looking for some help with a little project I am thinking about. I have a 2013 Tahoe, the siren I currently have installed is a Four-Function
Undercover Siren Model 30.2104 http://www.able2products.com/pdfs/30_21 ... ctions.pdf

What I am hoping to do it add a DPST on/on switch off of the horn wire to the white wire coming from the factory horn so that in position 1 the factory horn sounds and position 2 the air horn on the siren sounds. My only hang up is where is the best place to put in the cut out switch. Is there a 12v+ signal the comes out of the switch on the steering wheel?

Any help would be greatly appriciated
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: 2013 Tahoe Horn power

Post by FireCpt809 »

No the signal is ground side. You would have to have a relay to switch to ground trigger to 12v to use the siren..
mfowler2
New User

Post by mfowler2 »

Would it be easier to take the run the switch above from the 12+ horn in the engine compartment? I've done a lot of installs but never had to do a ground trigger relay
mfowler2
New User

Post by mfowler2 »

also if I do a relay switch to ground trigger what wire would I tap from the horn ring?

Thanks
Black Sheep Customs
New User

Post by Black Sheep Customs »

Horn Trigger tan - horn switch or BCM left of steerng column, brown plug, pin 18

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”