Dual Talon or Slimlighter TIR6?

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firefighter27

Dual Talon or Slimlighter TIR6?

Post by firefighter27 »

I am a volunteer firefighter and I am trying to decide between a Whelen Dual Talon or a Whelen TIR6 Slimlighter (both BLUE/BLUE) right in front of the rear view mirror of my car. Which should I get? Which is better? Any help is greatly appriciated!! Thanks!!!!
KuhnElectronics
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE
What radios do you own?: Moto, Vertex

Post by KuhnElectronics »

talon all the way....the slimlighter is a good light, but the talon on dual blue will knock your socks off at night...
Nick Kuhn - Communications Technician/Technical Manager
AMP Electronics - Chillicothe, OH
http://www.amp-electronics.net
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Talon, especially if it's your primary front warning (though I think relying on solely a Talon is a tad foolish). The TIRs are ungodly bright straight-on, but have no off-axis punch. The Linear LEDs (Talon) are pretty much the best out there off-axis.
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

one more vote of confidence for the talon
AVFD2922
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by AVFD2922 »

Talon and a pair of TIR3's in grille.
M1225 UHF VHF, GP300VHF, P1225 UHF, MTS2000(800) with convertacom KI4QMI
firefighter27

Post by firefighter27 »

That was my plan, a dual talon in front of the rear-view mirror and 2 TIR3's in the grille.
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

talon

Post by KB2ZTX »

Well I've tried just about every light under the sun, and think the best investment I made was the Blue/Blue Talon.
LIGHTS R US

Post by LIGHTS R US »

honestly if you want to be seen day or night you should go with 911ep. i am a dealer for them. they are the brightest led's on the market. and yes they are brighter than whelen. if i was you i would go with either the 911ep ls12 or the 911ep wl28 for the front window and 2 911ep led stars in the grill

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”