Dual Talon or DashMiser Plus II?

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firefighter27

Dual Talon or DashMiser Plus II?

Post by firefighter27 »

Thanks to everyone who answered my last comparason topic, but now i got one more question for everybody. It is obvious that for LED warning power, the Dual Talon is the way to go. My question is which is brighter/better/more powerful: the Dual Talon LED or the DashMiser Plus II dual strobe. All help is greatly appriciated!!!
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

Talon - stay away from selfcontained strobes. They will be pale in comparison to any talon. Just get the talon and nothing else will compare in the Whelen catalogue.
kg4ere

Post by kg4ere »

///
Last edited by kg4ere on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
AVFD2922
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

Post by AVFD2922 »

Dashmiser can't put out the light the Talon can and never will period. Put a strobe light (anyone for that matter) against a good LED light a mile away and see which one you see first. I use strobes in corner lights of my CV for intersection lights, dual talon on dash and 2 Tir3's in grille. I move traffic better than I do in my truck with lightbar.
M1225 UHF VHF, GP300VHF, P1225 UHF, MTS2000(800) with convertacom KI4QMI
DaBigBR

Post by DaBigBR »

You can not beat the LEDs, there is just no argument.
commtek
Batboard $upporter

Post by commtek »

911-EP LS-12 or Tomar T-LED. Beats the crap out of any of that Whelen junk. Do a side by side comparison and REALLY look at the pattern from all angles. You'll see.
ten8

Post by ten8 »

Out of curiosity, i put both lights on steady burn on top of each other on the window.
from intersection angles, i can see my single talon better then i can the ls12

Personally, i dont trust the 911ep to the front. The modules are too small and the optics are kinda wonky.

Dont get me wrong, i trust a LS12 and a TD28 to cover my rear, but i dont like them for front installs.
Adam

Post by Adam »

AVFD2922 wrote:Dashmiser can't put out the light the Talon can and never will period. Put a strobe light (anyone for that matter) against a good LED light a mile away and see which one you see first. I use strobes in corner lights of my CV for intersection lights, dual talon on dash and 2 Tir3's in grille. I move traffic better than I do in my truck with lightbar.
If you have pics of your car, I'd love to see it.
nick.dejohn
What radios do you own?: EX560-XLS CDM1550

Post by nick.dejohn »

Dual talons all day long. Stick with Whelen. You can't go wrong!!
Nick
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

..until you expect off axis visibility!!!

mount a bunch of 911EPs & then a bunch of TIR3s on the same plane and walk laterally towards the 90deg mark and see which one disappears first. Granted there are expected dropoffs, just based on the optics of the lighthead... :o

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”