code 3 ledx r/w or sound off dual predator 2 r/w

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

light_n_em_up

code 3 ledx r/w or sound off dual predator 2 r/w

Post by light_n_em_up »

someone please give an opinion on what light would be better for a front headliner install
light_n_em_up
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

Talon

Code 3 is very directional and off-axis sucks, while the SO is only slightly better.
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
light_n_em_up

off axis?

Post by light_n_em_up »

i dont know what off axis means...im sorry, but you say a whelen talon is the way to go? isnt that a rather large dash light? i drive a 95 civic so i need something compact but dual head, does any one have a video of a whelen talon?
light_n_em_up
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Off-axis refers to the amount of light visible as you approach the light from off-center horizontally. Think intersections. Pretty much anything puts a ton of light out head-on... neither the LEDX nor the Predator are tremendously exciting out at intersection angles, whereas the Talon is.

A Dual Talon is the only way to go, IMO.
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

These light threads are becoming very redundant and annoying. Use the search function to find out more. Videos wont do the talon light dispersion and flashpatterns any justice.

For quite some time, I actually had a single talon in the front and I found it to be quite sufficient, compared to the dual - unless you need a steady light source (CA) or need dual color (they now make split color lights). However I always advocate more, rather than less lights. Previous threads will confirm that you should not use an LED dashlight as your sole warning device, especially if you are doing full blown responses (compared to vollies that use them as courtesy lights only for example).
Adam

Post by Adam »

The Predators are very nice lights.. I have two.

The LED-X leds aren't very popular.. for a reason.
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

Go with a Talon if 2 big

2 Tir's on a Bracket Kick alot of Butt

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”